“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind” and “You shall love your neighbour as yourself” (Matt. 22:37, 39)
Christian ministry is the activity and responsibility of the local church in the fulfillment of its biblical mandate in the world. The purpose of the our Ministry is:
- To bring people to saving faith in Christ and then assist them to grow in Christ-likeness.
- To bring every believer into a vital, authentic relationship with God through the grace of Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit, such that every believer glorifies God in thought, word, and deed both in the church and in the world with the ultimate goal of presenting every one complete in Christ.
- The purpose of ministry is not to “do” church. The essence of the church must be more than just doing.
- The church must draw its essence from God and his righteousness and holiness. It must take shape based on his worth as Creator.
- It must reflect his glory as God, and when it meets and ministers, it ought to express back to God the glory due his name.
- Ministry is not about ritual or routine religion but a living relationship with God. It is not about numerical growth but spiritual growth.
- It is not about programs but about people – people who are wholly focused on God, powerfully filled with the Spirit, and happily united in a community of grace.
- It is about people who vibrantly exalt Christ, openly perform works of faith, accurately teach the truth, boldly proclaim the gospel in word and deed, and authentically depend upon prayer.
The Colorado Horeb Mar Thoma Church seeks to fulfill this commission through the following ministries: